About India visa online
After being temporarily suspended in March 2020 because of the COVID-19 outbreaks, the Indian eVisa is now available for nationals of the United Kingdom again!
The online Indian visa was initially launched in 2014 by the government of India to make the application process for eligible citizens easier and more speedy. It was then partially brought back last year for nationals from 156 countries, but the UK wasn’t on the list.
Fortunately, now Brits can apply for an India visa from the UK online without the need to attend the Indian embassy in person. It only takes a few simple steps: fill out the online form, attach the essential documents, pay the fee, and the Indian visa is yours!
The visa to India is available in different types: for tourism, business handling, and medical treatment. Tourism visa is issued for 30 days (for a 30-day stay) and for one year (for 90-day visits), business allows to stay in India for up to 180 days during the one-year validity period, and medical visa permits to stay for up to 2 months in a span of 4 months.
Proceed reading the article to get more details on the Indian eVisa for UK citizens and its application process!
Indian eVisa application from the UK
The application process for an Indian eVisa is very simple and beneficial. UK citizens don’t need to attend an Indian embassy in person. In fact, it is possible to submit the application from any place at any time.
Just grab your device and start applying right now! Here you can see a comprehensive instruction guide:
- Complete the form by filling in the fields with the requested information. It may include your name and surname, date of birth, nationality, phone, email address, the purpose of travel, date of arrival in India, etc.
- Review the form for any errors to confirm that all the data is correct.
- Make the online payment to cover the service fee. You can feel free to use any available method, for example, your credit/debit card, or PayPal – whatever is more convenient for you.
- Check your inbox. Once approved, the Indian visa will be delivered to your email address (the one you indicated in the visa application form). Check the email address regularly not to miss your travel document. It will come as a PDF document.
- Download the file onto your device and make a paper copy. You need to bring it to the entry point for the officials to check it.
Indian eVisa processing time and fees for UK citizens
The price for an India online visa differs among its types. For a 30-day tourist visa, UK citizens need to pay 79 Euro, while for a one-year permit, the price is 129 Euro. A business visa costs 149 Euro. The fee for a medical visa is 129 Euro.
You can cover the fee using any options offered on our website – a debit/credit card, PayPal, or PayU. Your information and payment details stay private, so you don’t have to worry about the safety of your money.
Upon successful payment, you’ll get a confirmation letter and have to wait for the approval of your application. The processing time differs for each case, as it is based on many circumstances. If your application form is complete and accurate, there won’t be delays in processing, and you’ll receive your Indian visa sooner.
How long can UK citizens stay in India with eVisa
The permitted stay in India for UK nationals depends on which visa type they select during the application process.
If you want to obtain an India tourist visa, you can choose the validity period: for 30 days and for one year. The e-tourist visa issued for 30 days permits you to enter the country once and stay for the same period – one month (30 days).
The one-year visa costs more, but unlike a single-entry permit, this one allows numerous entries. Its holders can enter India as many times as they want and stay for up to 3 months (90 days) each time.
The electronic visa for business purposes enables UK citizens to stay in the country for 180 days in a span of 12 months (1 year). You can spend this time during one visit or numerous trips.
The medical India eVisa makes it possible to have treatment in India for 2 months (60 days) during a validity period of 4 months (120 days). It is up to you – to use them in one trip or spread over 3 visits.
Indian eVisa requirements for applicants from the UK
As the application process for an Indian visa takes place entirely online and remotely, UK applicants must have the following to complete all the steps of obtaining a visa:
- you must have a working device to submit an online form – a phone, tablet, laptop, or personal computer;
- internet connection stable enough to complete the process without issues;
- accessible email account – the approved visa will be sent to the email address, so it’s essential to create one before applying;
- financial means that can be used for online payment.
Also, there are two mandatory documents to be attached:
- a passport that doesn’t expire within a minimum of 6 months from the planned day of arrival in India;
- a recent photo of the applicant’s face – it’s not obligatory to take it in the studio: you can just use your phone or PC camera.
Note that you may need additional documents if applying for a business or medical visa.