About eVisa to India
Now it is easier for UK citizens to visit India than ever before, as the government of India launched an Indian eVisa, a convenient and swift alternative to the traditional visa application process. Even though it was previously halted because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the issuance of Indian electronic visas to UK nationals has been recently resumed.
The Indian eVisa is an official visa allowing eligible citizens, including Brits, to enter India. It is available in several types for purposes of tourism, business, and medical treatment.
Depending on the visa type, you may be able to enter India once or numerous times, with a permitted period of stay varying from 30 days to 180 days.
With Indian eVisa, travelers fill out their visa application online, pay through a secure payment method and receive the final approval in their email. The process is quick and easy and requires only basic information as well as valid travel documents.
It reduces paperwork, which makes it an excellent option for travelers who have limited time available before traveling. Indian eVisa is just perfect for UK citizens willing to explore one of the most beautiful countries on earth – India!
Follow the article to get all the essential information and the ultimate guide to getting an online visa to India.
Do UK citizens need to obtain a visa for India?
UK citizens don’t have visa-free access to India. Therefore, for Brits willing to travel to India, obtaining a visa is mandatory in order to be permitted into the country.
UK nationals looking to travel to India may be relieved to know that Indian eVisas are now available again. Indian eVisas are a much simpler and faster process than obtaining a traditional visa, and as long as UK citizens have certain documents in order, they can get an Indian eVisa within days.
Moreover, Indian eVisas enable its holders to freely travel between Indian states, which could be extremely beneficial if travelers are looking for a more flexible journey when visiting the country.
Types of Indian visas available for UK citizens
With an online Indian visa, UK nationals can travel to India for such purposes, as tourism, business, or medical treatment. Accordingly, there are the following types of Indian visas:
An India tourist visa serves leisure purposes: sightseeing, visiting recreating and entertainment facilities, staying for vacation, exploring natural or artificial sites, visiting family and friends, attending family events, etc.
You are able to apply for two tourist visa options:
- a single-entry India tourist visa – it allows a traveler to enter India once and stay for up to 30 days during a one-month validity period;
- a multiple-entry India tourist visa – it is valid for one year (12 months) from the moment of the issue and enables its holders to have an unlimited number of entries into the country.
A business India visa is designed for business and professional purposes: negotiating, attending meetings, conferences or congresses, trade fairs and exhibitions, formal or informal on-the-job training courses.
The business type is effective for one year (12 months). The allowed period of stay is 180 days, and you are able to spend them how you want: either for one or numerous visits.
A medical visa permits its holders to receive services from hospitals, clinics, and other medical institutions in India.
A visa for medical purposes enables its holders to have medical treatment in India for 60 days in total in a span of 4 months. You can use these 60 days during one trip or by splitting them into 3 visits.
Indian visa application from the UK
It is extremely easy to apply for an electronic entry visa for India from the UK. All you need is a working device (e.g., phone or laptop) connected to the internet, an active email address, and the ability to pay online.
These are the steps to complete the visa application process speedy and without any issues:
- Choose the purpose of travel and start applying.
- Provide your personal and travel information on the application form. It may include your name and surname, phone number, date of birth, nationality, email address, and travel date, etc.
- Thoroughly check the form. It mustn’t contain any errors or incomplete boxes.
- Upload the required documents: a passport valid for a minimum of 6 months from the planned arrival in India and your face photo that may be taken using a smartphone and a web camera.
Note that for a business visa, you’ll also need a letter of invitation or a business card from the company you’re going to cooperate with. A medical visa requires a document from a receiving medical institution describing your treatment.
- Make the online payment. The available options on our website include using a debit/credit card, PayPal, and PayU. You can choose whatever fits you better and be sure that your money stays safe.
- Wait for a reply. Your application needs to be processed by our experts and Indian authorities. Then you’ll receive an approved eVisa in your email address. The Indian electronic visa comes as a PDF document. You need to make a hard copy for the border control.
That’s it! As you can see, the entire process is online and doesn’t require much effort. UK nationals who want to visit India don’t have to worry about embassy interviews and waiting in queues, a few clicks – and the visa is in your phone.